• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:14 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Dude. We need to go camping.

Started by Nick, Jun 04, 2008, 09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Duuuude. We need to go camping.

I need some greens and some hills and the lakes and the streams. The tents and the dirt and the wet and the fire. And some hobomobile.

zourtney

Yeah, camping would be the woodsy-poodsy, man. I'd even settle for a day of hike-tastic fun. I know Cody wants to go. I'll try convincing Eve to either let me go or to come with us. (Not quite as simple as in the old days where I only had to ask...me. But it's all good)

As of yet, we don't have any Saturday plans. There is, however, the ever-present Sunday-should-be-going-an-hour-and-a-half-to-Vancouver-to-play-softball thing though.

zourtney

Update!

We need to go camping. We haven't gone anywhere for the night since the December adventure (or was it January?). At any rate, as soon as Nick kicks the Spanish final out of the way, we should take a weekend away, or something. I might actually be able to convince Eve it's ok, if she's working the weekend.

Plus we have a perfect excuse: try the Bumper Buddy's performance!

Nick

True. True. True.

They are now selling 12v refrigerators....well....electric coolers. Only 12% efficient compared to to the 40% that compressor based ones enjoy. They work based on the Peltier effect, using electricity to move heat from one side of a semiconductor junction to the other. I think they sound nifty, but only useful for long road trips and extended camping with some kind of power source.

Anyway that's my random comment of the day.

zourtney

Duuuuuuuude we need to camp. Acampamos!

The green trees, the rocky rocks, the busted trucks, and the fresh scented pine dirts all await our arrival. Let's greet and appease them before fall falls upon us.

Nick

YEEEES! It must happen! I just spent a week in the deadest parts of the country. While lizards and rocks are nice all the dryness and bland tanness make me long for lush green moss and deep smells of moist dirt and plentiful flora. I have completed half of the 'dual battery' set up in the blazer! Bumper buddy needs some real world testing! I want to sleep outside!!! COMPUTERS!!!!!!! So many reasons so what are we waiting for?

Nick

CAMP...pant..CAMP....cheese.... CAAAAAMMMMP! So like yeah. At least we should weld or something. Or paintball. That was fun.

zourtney

Yeah, I bet that would have been fun. But I didn't go. Instead, I changed oil and bought groceries...

But camp/weld for sure. The weather is nasty enough that we can be uninterrupted, I'm pretty sure (except for by pelting rain)

Nick

Yeah. I got the tarps if you got the beans.

zourtney

I got beans, for sure. I was looking at maps this morning. We ought to go soonish.

Nick

Find any locations that strike at your fancy?

zourtney

The "lake of the shape with no sides" still strikes my fancy though the elevation might be a bit high for this late in the year. They probably won't have snow for a few more weeks, but it might be quite cold at night. I was trying to look for little paths north or south of our usual, just for variety.

Nick

I look on google mappers for ideas, but it shows me roads that I know are no longer maintained.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=the+rain+gets+me+wet&ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ll=44.875655,-121.968369&spn=0.017335,0.041199&t=h&z=16

I like how the roads don't match up with the roads they have drawn. :)

zourtney

Perpetuate, perpetuate, perpetuate!

I went to Arizona. It was nice and warm, but severely lacking in the vegetation which I like so much. Therefore, a trip to the woods (and maybe even "the hose") seems necessary.

Nick

Wow. How was that? And what was there that drew you away from the green splendor that is the northwest? But a hose trip is grand idea. I am up for it any weekend. Especially now that the weather is better.