• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:00 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

New Phone, finally

Started by zourtney, Nov 30, 2011, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

I finally got a new phone, the Samsung Focus S. Yep.

Nick

Windows phone? Really? Hmmmm. I bet it has better podcasting support then Android does (with its built in zune-ness and all that.)

Let us know what you think of it! I always thought it looked like a slick interface, but would always be lacking in community support.

zourtney

Nov 30, 2011, 04:43 PM #2 Last Edit: Nov 30, 2011, 05:05 PM by zourtney
I know, weird, right? In short, its good. Real good. And I was holding out for the Nexus! I'm not sure about this hardware (essentially a SGS2), but the WP7 interface is just slick. And useful. I don't know how it compared to your dog-attack Zune (player) OS, but that has been a few years now.

I'm a pretty boring user, but I've actually found apps for almost everything I did before. So they've got their bases (mostly) covered. Scrabble clone, podcasts, forum browsing, WordPress, news feed bombardment, etc. The store and community are both smaller, they're there. It doesn't have many games available, but I keep seeing things suggesting these devices will run games surprisingly well for "low-end" hardware.

I suppose one could gripe about task switching. Its multitasking is more a list of the last 6 things you were doing than true multitasking. Still, it's a step up for me and has been usable enough.

I'll give it a few more weeks to be sure, but all in all, I think it can be a winner. Plus, it's alwaysit can be fun to root for the underdog