• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 03:18 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Dudes. I broke my phone.

Started by zourtney, Aug 18, 2012, 10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frioevie

Oops I meant the lumia! My phone auto corrected it! The lumia 920 looks nice :-D

Sent from my {amazing windows phone} using Board Express

Nick

Randomland needs an overhaul.

The forums could use some polishing too.

And some nice image dumping ground would be cool.

zourtney

Yeah, all roads lead to "I hate Drupal 6".

Maybe "hate" is a little strong, but you get the point. Anytime I think of tidying up some small piece, I want to start over from scratch. And sort of on the subject, it'd be really nice if we could incorporate some sort of mobile upload feature. I might actually use that.

Nick

For uploading from your phone to the forums?

zourtney

That too. I meant the main site, but a forum uploader could be ok too. (except it'd be better if we had our images only in one spot)

Nick

I got a nexus 7 last night. I went in to office max with only the intention of getting a new notebook and they were just sitting there. So I got one.

So far I am liking it. Much faster then my phone by far. The screen size is nice, not too small like I was fearing and it's easy to hold. It is, as z-man said, a good size for reading on. I hope the battery life is as good as they claim.

Any news on your phone dilemma?

zourtney

Coolness. I guess they priced it right :) ...unlike that other company, who seem to price hardware just past the price where it hurts.

Still undecided on the phone. I want to hold a Lumia 920 and find out if it'll be overly massive. And see how the camera fares. Because I have both a camera and a phone to replace -- it better do a good job of both.

Nick

On no! Not the camera again!

zourtney

zourtney

How's the Nexus 7 treating you? I'm a little disappointed by the battery life in the one at work. It seems good for about 3-4 days if you don't touch it..but not much longer. I'm kinda tempted to try some work-related web browsing on it, just to get a better feel for it. (Could do it under the guise of UI/UX opinion gathering on the 7" platform)

Nick

I rather like it. Though I did get a better keyboard for it. And all those 25¢ apps came at just the right time.

I find myself reading on it a lot and it has been good for the video streaming. It is so much more responsive then my DROID 2 phone that it isn't even funny. And android 4.1is much slicker then the 2.3 I am stuck with on there. 

I think that 7 inches is probably the best size for a general purpose non-phone device. It is easy to lie in bed and read forums or message board or whatever. I find myself using the laptop and desktop less because of it.

For me the battery has lasted as long as I have wanted to use it every time I have messed with it for a prolonged time. I don't think I have gotten it below 50% battery. I tend to plug it in if I'm not using it but it gets though several hours homework sessions looking thing up and still has lots of life. My only complaint is that it is too easy to hit the back and Home buttons while you are typing.

zourtney

Cool, cool. I was testing stuff out on the work one today and was liking it. The 7" is nice. Sites designed for desktop suck (too skinny in portrait, not enough viewable in landscape), but when things are formatted well, it's pretty sweet.

And welcome to the "you mean I have to pull out a laptop for that?" club :P