• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 05:15 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Randomland bugs and errors.

Started by Nick, Sep 17, 2009, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Sep 17, 2009, 11:01 AM Last Edit: Nov 04, 2009, 04:27 PM by zourtney
I figured this might be a good topic to have around. A nice record of things that need fixed from a technical point rather then a design point.

For the first: The server clock seems to be an hour off. I noticed this when it reported my posting times to me. Easy fix.

zourtney

Site URL should be masked as "randomland.net" or the domain should be forwarded to your server's IP.

Nick

It is masked but drupal does weird things that forward it to the gotdns one. I am working on just setting my server as registered IP and not forwarding at all. It might cost money if I want a decent host to do it though.

zourtney

Yeah, I know you were working on this one. It'd be worth a couple of bucks to have it forwarded, so long as your IP is semi-static and you don't get yelled at for running a nearly zero-traffic server.  :)

zourtney

Sep 19, 2009, 10:20 PM #4 Last Edit: Sep 20, 2009, 08:29 AM by zourtney
Got that one fixed! But I think it created another.

I'm having a lot of problems staying logged in ever since you set the server to use the randomland.net domain name. I can log in just fine, but will get kicked within an hour or so. My guess is that the cookie is still registering to randomland.net. Then again, I could be way off.

This has happened on all systems I have tried (work, home, lappy, and phone)

Edit: it's quite apparent that the login is being only session persistent.

Nick

It might be a problem with the smf forum to drupal plugin. I will look at it.

zourtney

hmmm, now I can't log in at the main site at all. Stink.

Nick

why is "style="border: none;">Follow us <a href=@randomnets" />" in the footer?  I thinks we have an open tag someplace.

zourtney

Fixed it.
It probably had something to do with you changing the "full HTML" input setup. I just told it the code was php and it's fine. Can we reenable this "disable rich text" option for full HTML? That component doesn't work properly on my phone. (I've been doing a lot of phoneywebs lately)

zourtney

I mentioned somewhere that the wysiwyg text editor in Drupal does not work properly on my phonewebs (iPhone Safari browser). Apparently I'm not the only one noticing, as I found this thread with a quick google search. Maybe I'll try getting to that some time tomorrow.

Brad

The site seems really slooooooooowwwwwwwww now.

zourtney

Slower than before? It has been pretty slow ever since it moved to Nick's server. I'm not sure it's any slower since he moved it to the VM...it is slow though.

Brad

It's speedier now. Still slow but nothing like it was yesterday/last night.

Nick

Part of the slowness is the connection being shared. More of the slowness in the server downloading updates. I would love to have more bandwidth but its not available where I am. Before we had to deal with overloaded and slow SQL servers from godaddy and that cow place. Now we have fast software but low bandwidth. So plah I don't know what else to do because I don't want to pay $150 a year on hosting. The godaddy was $60ish and not that great for the price. There are places that offer virtual private hosting and various server farms for an ok price but who knows how reliable/fast their equipment and network is. I just need something over 512k offered out here and then all will be fine.

Brad

It's usable now. I wouldn't worry about it unless we start getting a bunch of traffic.